It was great seeing so many of you at the Welcome Party. We hope you and your children had a good time, enjoyed the great food, and made some new friends along the way!
The month of October is going to be filled with different activities and celebrations, so get ready! It all starts when Fire Station #8 visits our school (Date TBD). Children will have a chance to see a real fire truck/fire engine, learn about fire prevention, as well as listen to the firefighters as they talk about what their job is really like. We also have scheduled a visit to San Diego Zoo on October 18th, where your children will learn about different animals and have a day filled with fun! On October we also commemorate the United Nations Day and will celebrate it with a special activity. Then we will wrap this busy month celebrating Halloween with a spooktacular party on Monday, October 31st. Additional information and/or details for each event will be available soon.
OCTOBER CLASSROOM THEME/FOCUS
• Fire Prevention
• Christopher Columbus
• Zoo Animals
• United Nations
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Fire Station #8 visits Green Hills (Date TBD)
Tuesday, October 18th
Field Trip to San Diego Zoo
Friday, October 21st
United Nations Day Celebration
Monday, October 31st (Halloween Party)
• Dismissal Pre-2 & Pre-3 @ 12:00pm
Pre-4 & Kinder @ 12:30 pm
• Extended care will not be available
Miss Miss Yvette/Miss Iliana/Miss Christina
• Lucas Aispuro 10/3
• Javier Perez Gavilan 10/5
• Alexander Gonzalez 10/14
Miss Sarita (Pre-3B)
• Jackson Shepard 10/16
Miss Rocio (Pre-4A)
• Paula Cuellar 10/9
• Zulette Zazueta Fong 10/16
• Esteban Montalban 10/17
• Vivian Murillo 10/22
Green Hills Staff
• Miss Christina (2’s) 10/1
• Miss Vicky (4’s) 10/9
Parents: If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please be sure to give his/her teacher at least one week’s advance notice. We also ask that you bring enough treats to share with your child’s entire class.
COMING NEXT MONTH
November 2nd Día de Muertos Celebration
November 3rd and 4th Parent-Teacher Conferences
November 11th Veteran’s Day / School Closed
November 21st – 28th
• Fall Break / School Closed
PARENTS: Please remember we are a completely nut-free environment.
Mandatory School Uniform
1. Navy blue fleece jacket with school logo
2. Pink or blue polo shirt with school logo
3. Green t-shirt with school logo (worn Fridays and on field trips)
4. Navy blue pants (not jeans); navy blue skirts/skorts/shorts
5. White socks
6. Black school shoes or tennis shoes (nothing with blinking lights or sounds)
7. Blue tote bag with school logo (bring it on Mondays, take it home on Fridays)
Polo shirts, red t-shirts, fleece jackets and tote bags are available for purchase at school. If you’re missing any of these items, please stop by the office and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Tuition Information—Please Read
• Tuition is due on the 1st of every month and considered delinquent after the 5th
• Late fee of $75.00 will be charged if payment is made after the 5th. Please remember you are responsible for making your tuition payments on time!
• Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder: Parents, if you arrive after 8:45am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• 2-yr-olds: Parents, if you arrive after 9:00am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• If you are picking up your child early:
o Please notify/call us
o Please stop by the school office
o Do not interrupt your child’s class
• We kindly ask you notify the school if:
o If your child is going to be absent for any reason
o If someone other than yourself is picking up your child
• Weekly Teacher Meeting: Held every Friday at 8:00am. Classroom doors for children in Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder will open at 8:35am on Fridays
PARKING LOT SAFETY:
• The parking lot can be a dangerous place, so please, be extra careful during drop-off and pick-up times.
• Please try to keep social conversations in the parking lot to a minimum, and keep an eye on your child at all times
• Remember that once you sign out your child, you are solely responsible for him/her!
• Lastly, please help us keep parking lot traffic under control by respecting dismissal times and picking up your child on time
• Thank you for your help and support in helping us keep everyone safe!
Congratulations to the LOMELI FAMILY who have welcomed baby XIMENA into the world!