We would like to start by THANKING YOU for the great response at our annual PTA fundraiser; it has been a very successful one! It is that with your support, our school is one of the best in our area!
We hope you are all relaxing a bit now that the very busy month of October is over! We started with fire prevention week. Also, we celebrated the United Nations Day with a special food festival. Our sincere thanks to our room moms and volunteers, you all did a wonderful job! Lastly, our PTA organized a wonderful Halloween party full of fun games and activities that the children greatly enjoyed. Thank you moms for all your support!
Our “Altar de Muertos” (Day of the Dead) projects will be displayed at our stage starting Tuesday, November 1st. Also, we cordially invite you to stop by on Wednesday (15 minutes before dismissal time) to enjoy some traditional “Pan de Muerto”, Yum!
NOVEMBER CLASSROOM THEME
• Autumn / The leaves
• All Souls Day
• The Farm
• Thanksgiving Day
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
• Tuesday, November 1st and Wednesday, November 2nd: 2 year olds (limited group)
• Wednesday, November 2nd: Kindergarten (Regular school hours for this group)
• Thursday, November 3rd : 2-yr-olds, PreK-3 and MISS ROCIO’S CLASS (No school for these groups)
• Friday, November 4th – MISS MARIA’S CLASS (No school for this group)
• Please stop by the office to sign up
Friday, November 11th
• Veteran’s Day / School Closed
• Fall Break / School Closed
Miss Yvette, Miss Iliana & Miss Christina
• Sofie Malfavon 11/2
Miss Adriana (Pre-3A)
• Emma Sofia Ascencio 11/28
Miss Gaby (Pre-3C)
• Beckham Reinbolt 11/4
• Liat Milstein 11/7
• Alessandra Orozco 11/12
Miss Rocio (Pre-4A)
• Samantha Wistner 11/28
• Samuel Saucedo 11/30
Miss Maria (Pre-4A)
• Mariajose Valadez 11/3
• Mariano Castillo 11/23
Miss Alma / Miss Monica (Kinder)
• Andre de la Torre 11/1
• Santino Casillas 11/27
Green Hills Staff
• Gabriela Marina/Admin. 11/4
Parents: If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please give us at least one week’s notice. We also ask that you bring enough treats to share with your child’s entire class.
COMING NEXT MONTH… SAVE THE DATE!
December 9th (Winter Festival)
More information to follow.
December 16th (Last Day of School)
• Winter party in each classroom
• No uniform
• Early Dismissal
• Extended care will not be available
December 19th – January 2nd
• Winter break / School closed
• Classes resume Tuesday, January 6, 2017
PARENTS: Please remember we are a completely nut-free environment.
Mandatory School Uniform
1. Navy blue fleece jacket with school logo
2. Pink or blue polo shirt with school logo
3. Green t-shirt with school logo (worn Fridays and on field trips)
4. Navy blue pants (not jeans); navy blue skirts/skorts/shorts
5. White socks
6. Black school shoes or tennis shoes (nothing with blinking lights or sounds)
7. Blue tote bag with school logo (bring it on Mondays, take it home on Fridays)
Polo shirts, green t-shirts, fleece jackets and tote bags are available for purchase at school. If you’re missing any of these items, please stop by the office and we’ll be happy to assist you.
TUITION INFORMATION: PLEASE READ!
• Tuition is due on the 1st of the month and delinquent after the 5th
• Late fee of $75.00 will be charged if payment is made after the 5th. Please remember you are responsible for making your tuition payments on time!
• Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder: Parents, if you arrive after 8:45am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• 2-yr-olds: Parents, if you arrive after 9:00am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• If you are picking up your child early:
o Please notify/call us
o Please stop by the school office
o Do not interrupt your child’s class
• We kindly ask you notify the school if:
o If your child is going to be absent for any reason
o If someone other than yourself is picking up your child
• Weekly Teacher Meeting: Held every Friday at 8:00 am. Classroom doors for children in Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder will open at 8:35 am on Fridays
PARKING LOT SAFETY:
• The parking lot can be a dangerous place, so please, be extra careful during drop-off and pick-up times.
• Please try to keep social conversations in the parking lot to a minimum, and keep an eye on your child at all times
• Remember that once you sign out your child, you are solely responsible for him/her!
• Lastly, please help us keep parking lot traffic under control by respecting dismissal times and picking up your child on time
• Thank you for your help and support in helping us keep everyone safe!