We hope you and your children enjoyed our week-long “Día del Niño” celebration as much as we did. We want to thank you for the time and effort you put into helping us make this event a success!
Now, the time has come to switch gears and celebrate our MOMS! We have a special activity planned in honor of Mothers’ Day, on Monday, May 8th at the following times:
• Miss Yvette, Miss Christina and Miss Iliana’s Class (2’s): 9:00 am
• Miss Adriana (3A), Miss Sarita (3B) and Miss Gaby (3C): 9:45 am
• Miss Rocio and Miss Maria (4A & 4B) and Kindergarten: 10:30 am
We are excited to announce our first ART SHOW & FUNDRAISER featuring artwork created by all our students, on Friday, May 12th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Wine and Hors d’oeuvres will be served.
Also, on Friday, May 19th we will celebrate Teacher Appreciation Day. Children will be dismissed early: Pre-2 and Pre-3 at 12:00 pm; and Pre-4 and Kinder at 12:30 pm. Afternoon extended care will not be available. We thank you for your understanding and kindly ask that you plan accordingly.
MAY CLASSROOM THEMES
• Mother’s Day / Día de las Madres
• Sea Animals
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Monday, May 8th
• Mothers’ Day Activity
Friday, May 12th
• Art Show & Fundraiser 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
Friday, May 13th
• Teachers’ Day Celebration
• Early dismissal / No afternoon extended care
Monday, May 29th
• Memorial Day / School closed
Tuesday, May 30th
• Kindergarten Graduation
Miss Yvette/Miss Iliana/Miss Christina
• Sebastian Feregrino 5/8
Miss Maria/Miss Erika
• Nicole Zagursky 5/29
If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please give us at least one week’s notice so we may plan accordingly. Also, we kindly ask that you bring enough treats so your child can share with his/her entire class.
COMING NEXT MONTH…
Friday, June 2nd (School Festival) @ Eastlake High school Theatre
• No School
• Show starts @ 5:00 pm
• Children arrive to school @ 4:30 pm
Thursday, June 8th & Friday, June 9th
• Parent-Teacher Conferences
PARENTS: Please remember we are a completely nut-free environment.
Mandatory School Uniform
1. Navy blue sweatshirt with school logo
2. Pink or blue polo shirt with school logo
3. Green t-shirt with school logo (worn Fridays and on field trips)
4. Navy blue school pants (not jeans); navy blue skirt/skort/shorts
5. White socks
6. Black school shoes or tennis shoes only
o No boots/crocs/slippers, etc.
o No open-toe shoes
o No blinking lights or sounds
7. Blue tote bag with school logo (bring it on Mondays, take it home on Fridays)
• Tuition is due on the 1st of the month and delinquent after the 5th
• Late fee of $75.00 will be charged if payment is made after the 5th
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder: Parents, if you arrive after 8:45am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• 2-yr-olds: Parents, if you arrive after 9:00am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• If you are picking up your child early:
o Please notify/call us
o Please stop by the school office
o Do not interrupt your child’s class
• We kindly ask you notify the school if:
o If your child is going to be absent for any reason
o If someone other than yourself is picking up your child—he/she must be on your authorized persons list
• Weekly Teacher Meeting: Classroom doors for children in Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder will open at 8:35am on Fridays
PARKING LOT SAFETY REMINDERS:
• Keep an eye on your child at all times—be extra careful during drop-off and pick-up times
• Keep social conversations to a minimum
• Please be on time at both start and dismissal times
CONGRATULATIONS to the ARRECHEA family for the birth of their baby girl VICTORIA!