LETTER TO PARENTS
Hope you all enjoyed your time off and had an opportunity to gather with loved ones for a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.
Here at Green Hills, we celebrated Thanksgiving with the help of our PTA and Room Moms who coordinated a delicious lunch for all the children. A huge round of applause and our heartfelt thanks to all of them for their hard work!
Now let’s talk about what’s being planned for the month of December… First off, we will have our wonderful Winter Festival on Friday, December 9th. We will have special show for GRANDPARENTS or special family member on December 8th at 9:30 am. (Children that come Mo-Wed-Fri can come to this show and perform). These events will be followed by a Christmas presentation (POSADA) on December 13th planned by our room moms (Hanukkah activity date TBD). Also, Santa is scheduled to visit Green Hills on December 14th. Lastly, we will have a last-day-of-school Winter Party on Friday, December 16th. After that we’ll have a two-week break so you can relax and enjoy the holidays surrounded by family and friends.
All of us here at Green Hills wish you and your families a wonderful holiday season. THANK YOU for your support all throughout 2016 and all the best for 2017!
DECEMBER CLASSROOM THEME
• Holidays around the World!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Thursday, December 8th – Starting at 9:15 am
• Winter Show for Grandparents
Friday, December 9th – 5:00 PM
• Winter Festival/No school
• Children arrive at 4:30 pm
Tuesday, December 13th
• Christmas Presentation/POSADA by Room moms
Wednesday, December 14th
• Santa Claus comes to Green Hills!
• No uniform /Holiday Outfit
Friday, December 16th (Last Day of School)
• Winter Party in each classroom
• No uniform
• Dismissal at 12:00 pm (2 & 3 yr-olds)
• Dismissal at 12:30pm (4-yr-olds & Kinder)
• Afternoon extended care not available
December 19st – January 2nd
• Winter Break / School Closed
Miss Miss Yvette/Miss Iliana/Miss Christina
• Didier Angulo 12/13
• Jesus Alonso Cuadra 12/31
• Nicolas Marin 12/4
• Alberto Lopez-Garayzar 12/21
• Isabella Macklis 12/26
• Sofie Castanedo 12/11
• Emma Lizardi 12/16
Green Hills Staff
• Miss Claudia Parga – iPad 12/13
• Miss Maria – PreK-4 12/27
Parents: If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please give us at least one week’s notice. We also ask that you bring enough treats to share with your child’s entire class.
COMING NEXT MONTH…
Tuesday, January 3rd
• Back to School Day
• Regular school hours
Monday, January 16th
• Martin Luther King Day
• School closed
PARENTS: Please remember we are a completely nut-free environment.
Mandatory School Uniform
1. Navy blue fleece jacket with school logo
2. Pink or blue polo shirt with school logo
3. Green t-shirt with school logo (worn Fridays and on field trips)
4. Navy blue pants (not jeans); navy blue skirts/skorts/shorts
5. White socks
6. Black school shoes or tennis shoes (nothing with blinking lights or sounds)
7. Blue tote bag with school logo (bring it on Mondays, take it home on Fridays)
Polo shirts, red t-shirts, fleece jackets and tote bags are available for purchase at school. If you’re missing any of these items, please stop by the office and we’ll be happy to assist you.
TUITION INFORMATION: PLEASE READ!
• Tuition is due on the 1st of the month and delinquent after the 5th
• Late fee of $75.00 will be charged if payment is made after the 5th. Please remember you are responsible for making your tuition payments on time!
• Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder: Parents, if you arrive after 8:45am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• 2-yr-olds: Parents, if you arrive after 9:00am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• If you are picking up your child early:
o Please notify/call us
o Please stop by the school office
o Do not interrupt your child’s class
• We kindly ask you notify the school if:
o If your child is going to be absent for any reason
o If someone other than yourself is picking up your child
• Weekly Teacher Meeting: Held every Friday at 8:00am. Classroom doors for children in Pre-3, Pre-4 and Kinder will open at 8:35am on Fridays
PARKING LOT SAFETY:
• The parking lot can be a dangerous place, so please, be extra careful during drop-off and pick-up times.
• Please try to keep social conversations in the parking lot to a minimum, and keep an eye on your child at all times
• Remember that once you sign out your child, you are solely responsible for him/her!
• Lastly, please help us keep parking lot traffic under control by respecting dismissal times and picking up your child on time
• Thank you for your help and support in helping us keep everyone safe!
Congratulations to the GAGHAGEN FAMILY who have welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world!