Hope you all had a great summer vacation where you were able to relax and spend some quality time with your family! Now that you’ve re-charged your batteries, you should be ready to hit the ground running, right? Ok then, here we go…
Now that school is back in session, we’d like to take this opportunity to officially welcome back our two returning staff members. Miss Araceli is the English Teacher for the Kinder classroom, and will be working alongside Miss Alma. In the office, our new Administrator, Mitzy Noce, will be working side-by-side with Gaby Marina. If you haven’t met them yet, we encourage you to stop by and say hello
We would also like to inform you that starting September, Miss Alma will resume the After-School Spanish and Art Classes. If interested, please see Miss Alma for more details.
AUGUST CLASSROOM THEME/FOCUS
• All About School
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
You are cordially invited to come spend some time in your child’s classroom, and learn about our academic program and daily activities!
What: Open House / Curriculum Night
When: Friday, August 25th
Time: 5:30pm – 6:45pm
Note: 12:00pm dismissal for ALL students
Extended care only until 3:00pm
Since this event is intended to be an orientation for parents only, we kindly ask you that your children stay at home since no child care will be available.
Please RSVP by August 22nd
Miss Christina and Miss Erika (Pre-2)
• Aria Ramos 8/20
• Olivia Valdes 8/27
• Matias Ascencio 8/29
Miss Adriana (Pre-3A)
• Aldo Tucker 8/11
Miss Sarita (Pre-3B)
• Ivan Naranjo 8/14
• Alessandra Bautista 8/24
Miss Gaby E. (Pre-3C)
Miss Rocio (Pre-4A)
• Ivanna Duran 8/9
Miss Maria (Pre-4B)
• Victoria Gutierrez 8/12
• Isabel Arrechea 8/13
• Isabel Villasana 8/16
Miss Alma (Kinder)
Green Hills Staff
• Miss Iliana 8/2
• Miss Alejandra 8/22
Parents: If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please be sure to give his/her teacher at least one week’s advance notice. Also, we kindly ask that you bring enough treats to share with your child’s class.
COMING NEXT MONTH…
• Labor Day/School Closed
Monday, September 4th
• Welcome Party (Noche Mexicana)
Friday, September 8th
12:00pm dismissal for ALL students
PARENTS: Please remember we are a completely nut-free environment.
Mandatory School Uniform
1. Pink or blue polo shirt with school logo
2. Green t-shirt with school logo (worn Fridays and on field trips)
3. Navy blue bottoms such as pants, skirts/skorts, or shorts are acceptable, but please, no jeans.
4. White socks
5. Black school shoes or tennis shoes (no blinking lights, sounds or characters)
6. Blue tote bag with school logo (bring it on Mondays, take it home on Fridays)
7. School apron with logo
8. Navy blue hoodie with school logo
9. Navy blue winter jacket with school logo
Polo shirts, green t-shirts, hoodies, winter jackets and tote bags are available for purchase at school. If you’re missing any of these items, please stop by the office and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Important Tuition Information:
• Tuition is due on the 1st of every month and considered delinquent after the 5th
• Late fee of $75.00 will be charged if payment is made after the 5th. Please remember you are responsible for making your tuition payments on time!
Late Arrivals, Early Pick-ups, and Absences:
• Pre-3, Pre-4, and Kinder: Parents, if you arrive after 8:45am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• 2-yr-olds: Parents, if you arrive after 9:00am, please go to the school office and a staff member will walk your child to their classroom
• If you are picking up your child early:
• Notify us via email or phone call
• Please stop by the school office
• Do not interrupt your child’s class
• Please notify the school if:
• If your child is going to be absent for any reason
• If someone other than yourself is picking up your child
• School starts at 8:35am for all Pre-3, Pre-4, and Kinder classrooms
• 2-yr-olds arrive at their usual time
• ALL students wear green t-shirt and bring a toy to share
Parking Lot Safety:
• The parking lot can be a dangerous place, so please, be extra careful during drop-off and pick-up times
• Please try to keep social conversations in the parking lot to a minimum, and keep an eye on your child at all times
• Remember that once you sign out your child, you are solely responsible for him/her!
• Lastly, please help us keep parking lot traffic under control by respecting dismissal times and picking up your child on time
• Thank you for your help and support in helping us keep everyone safe!