The mission of Green Hills is to provide opportunities for students to achieve their personal best, become responsible and productive citizens, and embrace lifelong learning in a safe and positive environment.
At Green Hills school, we believe:
- All children can learn.
- All children benefit from developmentally appropriate materials, practices, and strategies.
- All children deserve a quality education in which individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported.
- Social skills, such as Life skills, deserve the same attention as academic ones.
- School is not just about children: it encompasses families, parents, community, stakeholders, society, the environment and the world.
- Children must be encouraged to see the connections between new learning and prior knowledge.
- Children are more than test scores.
- Children learn best in a safe, caring environment, one that values diversity, collaboration, and risk-taking.
- Children thrive when expectations are high and self-esteem higher.
- Direct instruction of students helps to increase student achievement.